- WeTalkData Study 2022 focuses on shared, autonomous mobility concepts.
- Study discusses the viability of mobility concepts in the U.S., China and Europe
- 5,000 representative respondents from markets: U.S., China, Europe (UK, Sweden, Poland, Italy, Germany).
Ludwigsburg/Stuttgart - On September 22, 2022, the auto motor und sport congress on mobility of the future takes place in Stuttgart. The congress gathers stakeholders from the automotive industry from business, politics and the media. MHP is proud to be a gold sponsor of the event for the third time in a row.
THE AUTONOMOUS GAP
As part of the congress, MHP will present for the first time the new WeTalkData Study 2022, which was created in cooperation with the Fraunhofer Institute for Industrial Engineering IAO and the publishing house Motor Presse Stuttgart. Marcus Willand (MHP Partner) will open his presentation with the question of whether shared autonomous mobility is an investment in the future or a losing proposition, and will respond with initial findings from the study. The entire study will be published in mid-October 2022 and will address questions such as A) What is the gap between user expectations and supply?, B) When, in what order and where will which vehicle concepts be used?, C) Which usage scenarios and business models are plausible?, D) What sustainability effects can the respective vehicle concepts achieve?
ABOUT THE WETALKDATA STUDY 2022
- Title: The Autonomous Gap - Ecologically, Economically and Socially Sustainable? Claim and reality of autonomous mobility concepts in Europe, China and the USA
- Publisher: MHP, Management- und IT-Beratung GmbH
- Research partner: Fraunhofer Institute for Industrial Engineering IAO
- Survey partner: Verlag Motor Presse Stuttgart
- Follow-up study within the WeTalkData study series: "Mobility OS, who builds the operating system of mobility" (2021) and "Myth mobility turnaround" (2020)
- Official release: mid-October 2022
- Around 5,000 representative respondents from the markets: USA, China, Europe (UK, Sweden, Poland, Italy, Germany).
- Additional 22 expert surveys from companies or universities such as Apex AI, Banma, Matcha, Ottopia, Robosense, UC Davis, VNW.
OPPORTUNITIES OF SHARED, AUTONOMOUS MOBILITY
In an advance interview with auto motor und sport magazine, Marcus Willand explains what opportunities autonomous shared mobility opens up, including a comparison between Germany and other markets: "Five to ten years ago, people tended to doubt the success of autonomous driving. But if you look at how much the automotive industry and suppliers are investing here, you have to assume that it will play an important role in the future. In the meantime, the focus is on market entry and scaling. Technological hurdles toward Level 4, which allows first commercial applications in controlled conditions, seem to have been taken."
The full interview appears Sept. 22, 2022, in the print edition of auto motor und sport magazine #21, on page 100.
GET MORE WETALKDATA UPDATES
You need information about the WeTalkData Study 2022 and would like to be informed in advance about further contents of the study? Do you have questions about the interview in AMS #21 or the study presentation at the AMS Congress? We will be happy to support you with up-to-date information and images. Please contact Jean-Paul Olivier with your questions: jeanpaul.olivier(at)mhp.com