Intelligent City Platform (ICP)
The Smart City Platform for the livable city of the future
Instantly become a digital city with reduced carbon footprint at lower costs & increase attractiveness for businesses and citizens
"Smart City" seems to be the buzzword on everyone's lips at the moment. The term is not used uniformly and is representative of concepts that aim to modernize cities and make them more livable with the help of the possibilities offered by new technical developments and information and communication technologies in terms of ecology, social coexistence, political participation, etc. The motivation for dealing with the topic of "smart city" is great. The motivation to deal with the topic of "Smart City" is great, as cities are facing major, increasingly urgent challenges.
Cities are under great pressure to meet global sustainability goals. Smart city solutions have a high potential to reduce energy consumption as well as to create a digital infrastructure in the city that can be used to collect and process data for smart city services.
Looking for a solution?
Do you want to reduce the carbon footprint and reach the SDGs of your city?
Do you want to have full transparency about your city´s traffic situation, parking utilization and air quality and be able to actively control or improve them?
Do you want to build a digital infrastructure for smart city use cases?
Do you want to offer new B2B & B2C services and monetize them?
Empowered by MHP
MHP's non-proprietary Intelligent City Performance (ICP) platform in combination with the energiedata4.0 smart city streetlights gives you the opportunity to build an IoT network in your city and actively reduce energy consumption and costs by up to 80%.
By offering an end-to-end solution that requires no additional workforce or IT investment to operate, your city's economic and sustainability goals can be achieved.
Explore the value of data
Smart streetlights do not only act as data providers. By networking with the ICP platform, the collected data is orchestrated within an API & Use Case Library, which allows the implementation of innovative smart city services.
The three fields of action of smart cities
The ICP platform tackles the core tasks of an intelligent city.
These tasks can be divided into three underlying fields of action, where the ICP provides the city with digital support:
That said, private companies within the city space produce the bulk of this data. Certain questions arise at this point: on the one hand, how can all these various sources of data be intuitively combined with each other to gain new findings? On the other, within what context are the numerous individual goals to be seen within a city?
- Intuitive visualization of all connected data sources and intelligent filters
- Creation of in-house analyses and monitoring dashboards by city employees
- Simple comparison and combination of data sets from different domains
- Ability to connect strategic goals to operative KPIs, and to existing and future city initiatives
- Relevant platform content and news specific to a particular area
Data needs to be intelligently networked so users can easily recognize when trends within the city are becoming problematic. In our current, fast-paced times, this begs the question: how do updated, or even new, data sets impact existing plans and concepts for the future?
- ICP Features:
- Strategic KPI monitoring
- Dynamic planning of city initiatives
- Forecasting and simulation – scenario testing
- Recommendations on initiatives used by other cities to tackle current challenges
The challenges are complex and the tasks to be fulfilled are diverse. These tasks fall under a wide range of competence areas for city bodies, units and departments. The complexity means that all the users in the city space need to be involved: municipal companies and private providers alike. By extension, this raises the following question: how can various stakeholders work together holistically to meet the city’s smart city objectives?
- Installation of (semi)-automated measures (routines, actions and triggers)
- Recommendations for action and reporting on these measures
- Partner and Service Marketplace with directly applicable smart city technologies and services from regional and global ICP partners incl. Pre-check on the applicability of new technologies in the city’s infrastructure
The ICP Platform
- Creates, as an #incubator, the digital framework conditions for scalable further development of business cases between the city and its B2B partners.
- Connects data silos within the city and beyond.
- Offers access to a marketplace where directly applicable smart city technologies are offered by regional and global companies in order to support cities with combatting the challenges facing them.
- Uses agnostic architecture to enable neutral, low-threshold #multistakeholder cooperation.
- Is characterized by outstanding #neutrality and #openness in data connectivity.
- Clears the way for #cross-sectoral, scalable business models.
- Contributes to regional climate action and sustainability goals #SDGs with its KPI-based measures.
Added Value for Cities
- ICP uses a horizontal approach to connect vertical isolated solutions and form seamless city services.
- ICP offers access to a partner and service marketplace where directly applicable smart city technologies and services are made available by regional and global companies.
- To augment the cloud-based city services, ICP provides a platform with tools and services for further independent, supplementary development.
Alongside this, ICP offers:
- An open, neutral, cloud-based platform
- Monitoring and reporting in real time
- The ability to measure the impact of sustainability measures
- Access to the ICP network and best-practice measures
Added value for companies as an ICP B2B partner
- Access to the city’s service ecosystem so it can build on this foundation to create new, scalable business models
- The opportunity to use real-time data from ICP and connect it intelligently
- The acquisition of new customers by participating in the ICP marketplace
- Additional potential by scaling the ICP platform internationally
- Increased reach for addressing customers via the ICP platform